Sunday, May 31, 2015

Me Made May The End

Monday I met my friend, Martha, for a dog walk and sewing show-and-tell. She took up sewing again a couple of weeks ago and she's been going gangbusters! She loaned me a couple of patterns I need to take a look at. I wore my Burdastyle 70's pants and a Burdastyle gathered shoulder tee.


Tuesday was a work day. I wore my Kicking Up the 80's pants, an Alabama Chanin tee and a Summer Cardi from Knitting Pure and Simple.


Wednesday was another work day. I wore my Beetle Dress (the zip front dress from Gertie Sews Vintage Casual). This is a very easy dress to wear. I went for a hike at lunch and was totally comfortable.


Thursday was an at-home day. I wore my good old Burdastyle Straight Pants (I wear these all the time, it's a great pattern), a Kirsten Kimono tee and the Summer Cardi again. So far, this has been the kind of summer that requires a cardi.


Friday I wore my Burdastyle Pajama Style Pants and a sleeveless shell I knitted years ago. My photographer was worried you'd all be getting bored of seeing the front door, so he set me up taking a sighting through an antique compass.


Saturday I sewed most of the day - ahhh. Just what the doctor ordered. I almost forgot to take a snapshot, so I'm afraid it's a cell-phone selfie. I wore my Burdastyle 70's trousers and another Burdastyle gathered shoulder tee.


Sunday was another at-home day. I wore my khaki Burdastyle Narrow Leg Pants with a woven tee I made long ago. Plus - me made undies!


Whew! That's Me Made May done and dusted. Now that I've been sewing for a few years I usually wear a me-made wardrobe, but my day-to-day dressing is pretty repetitive. Like, even more repetitive than what you've seen here. Me Made May gets me thinking about things I haven't worn for a while. It also gets me to think about putting things together a bit differently. That knitted shell, for example. I'd forgotten about that top and it's actually kind of cute.

And - it makes me realize I need to go through my closet and drawers to get rid of things that are getting tired to make way for the fruits of my stashbusting!

4 comments:

  1. Great week of great makes - love your pants, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting all the way through the month. I am envious of all your trousers. I am serious need of making those but shy away of all the fitting that might be involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a great handmade wardrobe and congratulations on competing Me-Made-May this year! You have a nice photographer to set up such a lovely shot. :)

    ReplyDelete