Friday, January 3, 2014

Burdastyle Pajama Style Pants

Front view
I've had these photos done for days, but haven't had a minute to write up my post. The Boy served as my photographer while he was here for Christmas. We went down to Long Marine Lab, thinking we'd have the Blue Whale skeleton as a background, and then decided all those bones would be too distracting.

Side view
These are the Pyjama Style Pants from the May, 2012 issue of Burdastyle. They have a slanted button front closure that looks challenging, but really isn't because it's non-functional. The pants zip up the back. It is a nice opportunity to use a statement button, though.

Back view
The pants have nice, big inseam pockets; handy for car keys, dog treats and giving you a bit of swagger when you walk.

They're made of some mid-weight denim with a very nice drape that I got from Hart's Fabric. I wish I'd gotten more of it while I had the chance.

It was a bit of a head-scratcher figuring out how to do the cross-over on the front, but the directions were actually pretty good. I just took them a step at a time and it all worked out. If you can handle high-waisted wide-legged trousers, I really recommend the pattern. They're very comfortable and the front waist gives them a bit of je ne sais quoi.

In fact, I liked them so much that I made them two more times; once as shorts:

Fun with Stripes Shorts
 And once from some loose-weave brown and mustard checked cotton. I must have had functional fixedness when planning this version, because this fabric looks almost the same as the fabric they used in the Burdastyle photo shoot.
Checked trousers
 Just noticed that I crossed the front right on one pair and left on the other. Probably one direction is male and the other is female?

Gray Whale skeleton in the background - too distracting, right?
My full review is here on PatternReview.com






1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the pants! They look confy and stylish. I will add to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete