Friday, September 15, 2023

Toaster Sweater

We've had an unusually chilly, foggy spring and summer here on the Central Coast and my small stable of sweatshirts has been getting a real workout. I was out on a sewing shopping spree with my friend Jessica and I decided to finally pop for the Toaster Sweater pattern by Sew House Seven. Kind of wish I'd picked it up earlier because I like it a lot.

I opted to make sweater number 1, which has a sort of a funnel neck and a slimmer cut than sweater number 2. 

Super simple to put together. It has raglan sleeves, and the bands at cuff and waist are nice and wide and easy to attach. The collar was a snap too, but beware, it takes a sizable chunk of fabric.

I used a cotton sweatshirt fleece from knitfabric.com in a color they call pickle. Which is pretty much what it looks like. I always keep an eye peeled for sweatshirt fleece while fabric shopping, but it's surprisingly hard to track down. This site has quite a few, in nice colors and even some cute prints. 

If the weather keeps up this way I could do with another of these. I'd like to have seven sweatshirts, one for each day of the week. Now that I've found a fabric source I can make that happen.

We usually get a spell of Indian summer heat at the end of September, but so far it's not on the horizon. Maybe it's El NiƱo?

My pattern review is on PatternReview.com here.


1 comment:

  1. Love your blog. I’m off to check out this pattern. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete