Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Yes, Another Renfrew

Another length of stashed knit has moved to a higher plane:

Another Renfrew, V-neck edition
The Renfrew top, from Sewaholic, is truly the pattern that keeps on giving. This is probably the 10th Renfrew I've made, but! This is my first Renfrew with a V-neck!

I've made a passel of scoop-neck Renfrews and at least 4 cowl-neck Renfrews. Those cowl-necks. Oh, so cozy. Like wearing a top with a built in scarf.

I don't know why it's taken me so long to get around to the V-neck. Maybe I was worried about how to get the ends of the neckband to meet neatly in the front? Turns out there were no neckband issues at all. Tasia's directions are super clear and everything came together well on my first attempt.

I used one of the bits of knit that I got at the Tilton booth in Puyallup. It's a gray and green stipe, very soft and drapey. I had one yard, which was just enough to squeeze out this tee.


I got these three lengths as a three-yard bundle, with the idea of trying some bold color blocking. Turns out I'm not that bold yet. Maybe next time....

side view
But I was sassy enough to cut the cuffs witth the stripes going a different direction than the body.

Opposing cuffs
So, now I've tried all three of the neckline variations on one of my favorite patterns. And I'm glad I did. I see a few more V-neck versions in my near future.

Maybe one of these days I'll try one of the other two sleeve lengths!

4 comments:

  1. It's nice using up the stash, isn't it? Your V-neck turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very nice pattern and you did a beautiful job of the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby steps toward bold color, huh? I love the sassy cuffs! Your posts inspire me to jump on the Renfrew train.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! you do a wonderful job with Renfrew modifications. And what a nice color on you.

    ReplyDelete