Friday, June 11, 2021

Upland Trousers in Linen

 Here is take two on the Upland Trousers by Itch to Stitch.

I made this pair up in some mid-weight linen from The Fabrics Store. They seem to specialize in 100% linen. They offer a variety of weights and some truly dreamy colors. Also some nice looking free patterns. I think I may be hooked.

I don't have much experience sewing or wearing linen, so these pants are a bit of an experiment. I hear linen is the fabric of choice if you're living someplace hot. We don't get a lot of steamy weather here on the Central Coast, but The Man and I will be spending a few days in Las Vegas next week, where daytime highs are predicted to be 115, with nighttime lows of 90. That should push these pants to the extreme. 

I made these pants from the same pattern pieces and using the same steps as my first Uplands in corduroy. To my eye, the linen version looks a bit more sleek and a bit less slouchy. Fabric really does make a difference. 


The making was smooth sailing this time around. If you don't muck up the zipper installation you can knock out a pair of these pants in a couple of hours. I think this is my new favorite pants pattern; definitely my favorite for non-stretch fabrics.

My pattern review is on PatternReview.com here.

2 comments:

  1. Love your objective pattern reviews - and the linen version is gorgeous. Think I’m going to have to try this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your objective pattern reviews. Where the corduroy version looks cozy, the linen version looks very summery and cool. You've introduced me to a new pattern company. I may have to try this pattern!

    ReplyDelete