Monday, March 11, 2024

Running Belt

This is one of my favorite things I’ve made in some time. And it was so quick and easy too!

I try to run two or three times a week. Well, truthfully it’s more like jogging. I have a couple of neighborhood routes, one for wet days and one for dry days. The dry day run is through a nearby park, under oak trees and through coastal scrubland. Lovely, but it’s a muddy morass during the rainy season. The rainy day run is on pavement, but it has a couple spectacular views of the bay. The beauty of both is that I can just grab my phone and house key and take off.

My old running belt had developed zipper issues and the ones available in the running stores all seemed overly complicated. And expensive.

Then I stumbled over a YouTube tutorial by The Last Stitch for a great little running belt. When it’s empty it’s tiny.


But it easily expands to hold my phone and keys. And I could fit in some cash, a credit card or some energy snacks, no problem.


It was so quick and easy to make, and since I made it to fit me, I didn’t need to use any sliders or other paraphernalia to allow for size adjustments. The belt part is some waistband elastic I had in stash and the buckle is a cheap-o plastic one from Hart’s. I had the thing sewn up in mere moments and it’s served me well for months now.

Here it is ready for an outing. 

Note to self: remember these would make quick and easy gifts, especially for those hard-to-buy for nephews!

My pattern review is on PatternReview.com, if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment