Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Dawn Apron by Lydia Naomi


I've been in the market for a gardening apron. Something rough and tough, with pockets for my equipment and enough front coverage to save my tee shirts from dirt and rocks. 

Somehow I stumbled on the Dawn Apron, by Lydia Naomi. I think it was on someone's blog, but I can't remember whose and google has not helped me out on this. 

It's one of those cross-back aprons. I don't think I've ever tried one on before, but turns out they're really comfortable to wear.

 And great for something where you want freedom of movement. Like gardening.

The pattern comes with a piece for two side pockets that have elastic inserted in the top hem. I'm thinking that elastic will keep my pruners and trowel corralled while I work. 

I added a chest pocket for my phone, and maybe a seed packet or two. I have a pair of scissors in there for the photoshoot because details are hard to see in denim.


I haven't road-tested it yet. I just finished it this afternoon and it's been raining the past few days. Weather prediction for the next 5 days is for sun, sun, sun, so I hope to get out there and finish a few garden tasks. I have 10 yards of bark mulch to spread and a vegetable patch to get planted.

My pattern review is at PatternReview.com here.




1 comment:

  1. Really cute and looks like it will work great outside. I hope you update after road testing.

    ReplyDelete