Sunday, April 7, 2024

Closet Core Pietra, Wide-Leg Edition

I've been reading that wide leg jeans are the high kick of fashion these days. I have fond memories of wide leg jeans from my youth, which is more than half a century ago by now. They were comfortable, they came with roomy pockets and they were usually hemmed long enough that you could forge the illusion of an extra inch or two of height.

So, these aren't jeans. But they are wide legged, and they do have roomy pockets and they are made of denim. So close enough in my book. They're the Closet Core Pietra pants in the wide leg view.

This pattern is one of the few for which I've made all the views, and by golly, I like every one. There are three; slim leg, wide leg and shorts, and each view has different pattern pieces. Except for the inner waist facing bits, which are the same across all views.

All views have a flat front and an elastic back waist. I wouldn't normally wear my top tucked in with an elastic waist pant, but I do it here for science.

I've worn them on a few outings now and I think they're going to be a great pair of knock-about denim pants. Which is really all I ever ask of jeans.

This is one of those patterns that I'll keep in the portfolio and make over and over again. In fact, I think I'm going to need a narrow leg denim pair soon. My hand-me-down Levi's from The Man are getting too tattered for even a teenager to wear in public.

My pattern review is on PatternReview.com here.


No comments:

Post a Comment