Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Itch to Stitch Islares Top

I had a bit of a marathon sewing session with the Islares top, by Itch to Stitch. I liked my first version so much that I ordered two cuts of cotton lycra to sew a couple more.

The Islares has a square neck that's just the right depth and width for me. My bra straps don't show and there's no gaping when I move.

I think the nice fit is due to the darts at the shoulder and the interfaced neckline. 

That neckline was a bit more complicated to construct than your average tee, but the instructions are great and it's worth the extra care.

The bottom hem has a bit of a curve to it, which I quite like.


The back neck is also squared off, but not as low as the front.

The top has a pretty close fit, which makes it nice for wearing under a jacket or sweater. You do want to have the recommended stretch in your fabric though, to keep the underarms from being uncomfortably tight. My two cotton lycra versions are fine, but on the verge of being annoying.


This is a great top for early spring, when you still want to keep your arms covered up a bit even though the sun is coming out. Though the pattern includes a short-sleeve version too.

My pattern review is on PatterReview.com here.

2 comments:

  1. These are all lovely! I follow you on Sewing Pattern Review and I am always excited when you post a new review. We have similar dimensions and tastes, and what looks good on you also tends to work on me! Our pattern libraries have a substantial overlap as well. I am definitely going to sew this next (of course I already own it), after I finish my Hovea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these tops, as well as the more recent one from the Itch to Stitch book. They're such a good fit and style for you.
    Like Jackie, I now follow you on Pattern Review and will add your blog to my RSS feed reader as our tastes are so similar and I love what you make.

    ReplyDelete