Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Itch to Stitch Palermo Top

The Palermo is from Sew Beautiful, the Itch to Stitch book that came out in 2020. I got the book soon after it came out and I've made several of the patterns. Looks like the only one I've done a post on is the Fortuna Jogger. I made two of those and still happily wear them to the gym and for lounging.

The Palermo is a peasant style top with a square, elastic neck and 7/8 length raglan sleeves.



It has that boho vibe but it isn't over the top.

The side seams have a bit of shaping to them, which helps keep the volume in check. And the slit at the front neck breaks up the gathers very nicely. As a short brick, I have to watch that sort of thing or I can look like a roll of toilet paper in one of those frilly covers. 


I made it totally according to the specifications and it came out at about high hip on me. I'm 5'3", for reference.

I cut the elastic to the length spelled out in the pattern and that fit perfectly too. If you want a bit more of an off-the-shoulder look, you might want to cut the neck elastic a bit longer.  Even the length for the sleeve elastic is just right.  My sleeves stay in place when I hoik them up without strangling my arm.

The Palermo is a quick and stress-free sew and feels like a great little summer top. Cool and breezy, but keeps your arms out of the sun.

My pattern review is on PatternReview.com here.




No comments:

Post a Comment