Friday, October 13, 2023

Stretch and Sew Trousers

I really like the old Stretch and Sew patterns. According to the pattern envelope, this one is from 1988. The tee shirt with short sleeves is my hands-down favorite tee pattern. Two pattern pieces, and you just turn and zig-zag the neck, sleeves and hem to finish. I just realized that I've never tried the long sleeve version. Must do that this winter.

The pattern includes a pair of knit trousers. The style kind of reminds me of my youth. Well, if it was the 80's it wasn't really my youth; more like my 30's. I remember wearing that style pretty often, back in the day. So I decided to give these trousers a try.

They're high-waisted and narrow toward the bottom, and they have nice, roomy slash pockets.

I used a ponte knit, which is probably a little too heavy for the style. I want to give them another try in something lighter, because they sure are comfortable and I really like those pockets. 

The ponte will feel nice and warm once winter comes though. 

They're basically sweat pants, but a little sleeker, I think. 

The pockets are put together in a way I'd never seen before, and I really like it. It made the process very intuitive. 

There's just one pattern piece for each pocket. 

You cut it out and seam to the front of the pant, like usual. But then you flip to the inside and just fold the pattern piece to match the side seam and a couple of notches. And voila, you have a pocket! 


If I'm ever wanting to alter a pant pattern to add a slash pocket, I'm going to try doing it this way.

My pattern review is on PatternReview.com here.



No comments:

Post a Comment