Friday, October 13, 2023

Nosara Take Two

 I knew I was going to be wanting another Nosara or two as soon as I got my first one done. 

This version is in a cotton faille from the Fabricsstore.com, in a print called Jacobean Jewelry Blue. They've started carrying cotton prints fairly recently and I've been interested. I'm generally not a flowery-print girl, but this one I decided I liked. The colors are nice and the print is large, so it feels more restrained than some. 

Anyway, they sent me a seductive email with sale pricing that I opened at 5:00 am. My resistance was low, so I ordered a yard to experiment with. Why didn't I get a yard and a half? Because I'm cheap like that. Luckily the fabric is 59 inches wide, so I had some room to finagle.

I had to do some sweating and struggling, but I managed to fit the pattern pieces for the Nosara on that one yard. I was just about ready to admit I'd have to cut the inner yoke out of some random remnant, but I flipped things around one last time and bingo!

I like the cut of this shirt a lot. The collar is nice, the bust dart helps those cut-on sleeves follow the body and the slightly lower hem in the back covers the butt nicely.


There's one thing I didn't think through before cutting though. This shirt has a collar stand and button band, like a men's shirt, rather than a collar with facing, like a camp shirt. That means that if your fabric has a clear wrong side (like mine does), it will show a bit at the top of the neckline. I'm letting go of my angst about it though.

My pattern review is on PatternReview.com here.



2 comments:

  1. This is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Your Nosara pattern looks amazing in that Jacobean Jewelry Blue print. The struggle with the one-yard challenge adds a fun twist to the story. The pattern making skills you showcased to fit everything on that fabric piece are impressive. The collar and bust dart details make it a standout. Great job!

    ReplyDelete