Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Itch to Stitch Nosara Shirt

We're entering the dog days of summer here on the Central Coast. For us that means daytime temps in the 80s and evenings in the high 50s, which is nothing to you hardy folks from the mid-West. But we are delicate flowers, so I've been mining my collection of cool, loose cotton tops.

My newest contender is the Nosara Shirt by Itch to Stitch, made up here in a light cotton seersucker in a white/purple stripe from Cali Fabrics.

From the Itch to Stitch website, the Nosara features:

  • Options for cup sizes
  • Standard collar with collar stand
  • Integrated dolman sleeves
  • Front buttoned
  • Back yoke with back pleats
  • High-low shirttail hem
  • Designed for non-stretch, lightweight woven fabric

I opted to trace out a size 4 in a B cup. I thought about doing the size 6, but I checked the finished garment measurements and figured the ease in a size 4 would suit me just fine. And I think that was right, though a size up would be nice too. The extra air-flow might be just the ticket on those hotter days.

The construction of this top is nice and straightforward, and the instructions are great. Somehow I don't have many tops with the high-low hem thing going on, and I like it. This one's not too extreme, just enough to discreetly cover the butt.

You can't tell from the photos, but I cut the back yoke with the seersucker stripes going horizontally to emphasize that design element. 

Overall, a fun and stress-free sew with a very wearable result. 

I'd be happy to have another of these in my closet, and I have 2 yards of a grey and periwinkle checked shirting that's just asking to be cut out. 

My pattern review is on PatternReview.com here.

No comments:

Post a Comment