Monday, May 18, 2015

Me Made May, Week Three

On Monday I mucked around in the yard wearing an ancient woven tee and my Burdastyle 10/2013-127a (Straight Pants). I think it's almost end time for this tee. The fabric is fraying around the neckline and hems. I'll be sad to see it go. It's made from the leftovers from a set of place mats I made for The Man probably more than 10 years ago.


Tuesday was a work day. I wore an Alabama Chanin tee along with a pleated skirt made from a Kaffe Fasset fabric I got at Jimmy Bean's in Reno. I made up the pleating myself in an attempt to use all of the fabric I could. Sadly, my math skills failed me. I have a couple of odd tucks on either side where I had to get rid of some excess to squeeze on the waistband. Luckily, you can't really tell, given how busy the print is.


Wednesday was another work day. I was planning on a lunchtime walk with some friends so I had to dress outdoor-friendly. I went for my brown ponte Barb pants and a cotton sweater I knitted years ago.


Thursday we went to bagua in the morning and then I grocery shopped and knitted in the afternoon. I wore a Burdastyle gathered sleeve tee with my denim Burdastyle Pajama Style Pants.


On Friday I cleaned house, so I went for comfort and easy mobility. I wore my bagua pants and an old Kirsten Kimono Tee.


On Saturday we went up to San Francisco for the Bay to Breakers. It was chilly and grey most of the day - the weather we call "June Gloom" on the Central Coast. I wore my Burdastyle Straight Pants again, along with a Christine Johnson V-neck Tee. I topped it off with my Minoru and felt cozy. We did some quality carbo loading and I found the time to squeeze in a visit to Britex. I found a piece of scuba knit to make another Gertie pencil skirt.


On Sunday I ran the race at 8:00 and spent the rest of the day collapsed on the couch, wearing yet another pair of Burdastyle Straight Pants and my Bay to Breakers tee.


What I learned this week: on a day to day basis I tend to wear the same things over and over. That's even during Me Made May, when I make an effort to attain a higher standard.

I also see that I haven't yet produced anything in the categories of clothing that I wanted to focus on for Me Made May; undies and active wear. Time to get on the stick!

2 comments:

  1. At least you have enough ME MADEs to keep it going. You will get the new items started I'm sure......what kind of race...and hope you did well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice wardrobe for the week. Maybe on the first shirt you could use some remnant fabric, lace, or trim around the edges for extra life. You have a very interesting life.

    ReplyDelete