Friday, September 6, 2024

Pendrell Top by Sewaholic

I was doing a good toss of the pattern drawer in my quest to find top patterns that could fit on a one yard cut of 45 inch wide cotton when I came upon my copy of the Pendrell top by Sewaholic. Looks like this pattern came out back in 2010. I made several back in the day and then somehow I forgot about it. But it's a nice pattern and I'm glad I hauled it out and gave it another try.

It's a bit wrinkled in these photos. I'd worn it to a 2 hour meeting on a hot day. 

The Pendrell is described as a semi-fitted pullover blouse with princess seams and bias binding at the neck and armhole, and that it is. The fit is rather loose, to allow for the pullover part, which makes it cool and comfy to wear on a warm summer day. 

Finishing curvy edges with bias binding isn't my favorite thing to do, but I actually followed the pattern directions and it didn't go too badly. 


The only hiccup I had was cutting a hole in the front while learning to finish the seams with my new serger. I was shocked and distraught, ready to toss the evidence of my failure into the bin. But I liked the fabric well enough to see if I could recover. I picked out the serger stitches and doctored the cut with some fusible interfacing and some fray check. I think it will be OK, and luckily the print is busy enough that it doesn't show. Much.

Sewaholic patterns are drafted for a pear-shaped figure. I cut a size 8, which is for a 34.5 inch bust and a 40.5 inch hip. I am a straight-up brick. I shortened the top quite a bit to get it to fit on my 1 yard cut of fabric, so I didn't mess with blending sizes. Otherwise I'd be blending from a size 8 up top to a size 0 down below.


If you are blessed with more booty than I, you might want to check out Sewaholic patterns. I don't think she's been designing new patterns for some years, which saddens me. In fact, I don't know if the website I linked to above is still live. You can still find her patterns out on the inter webs though, In fact, they're available through PaternReview.com here.

My pattern review is on PatternReview.com here.

No comments:

Post a Comment