Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Rustic Linen Bob Pants

 Here is another pair of Bob pants, from StyleArc. I made these mainly as an excuse to buy 3 yards of natural, heavy weight linen from Fabrics-Store.com. Yes, I got one of those middle-of-the-night sale ads, and I couldn't resist. I have kind of a thing for linen at the moment and they have a variety of weights and some really dreamy colors. And their write-ups are so florid, I want to buy all of them. For example:

"Pale, hazy tones of dawn swept across Paul Nash's dreamy scenes, suggesting a place where all is hushed and still. The warm, pastel green of WILLOW linen was one of his recurring colors, invoking the cold light of frost-bitten grass, whispery strands of freezing fog or dreamy forms that seem to fade into distant, heavenly skies...."


I mean, come on!


Here's a close-up of the fabric. They describe it as "rustic." The weave is kind of slubby and there were even a few pieces of straw included. After a few washings, it still feels a bit rough but it's comfortable to wear and it has a heavy drape that's just right for this pattern. I'm new to linen, but if it continues to soften as it's washed and worn, as linen fans claim, this will be a favorite pair of pants for years to come.

The style reads a little bit "clown pants," but they're so darn comfortable. As a retired person who lives in a beach town with a big student population I can get away with pretty much anything. 

I made these up just as I did my previous pair, except I lengthened the legs an inch at the lengthen/shorten line. I'm only 5'2", so that's a rare alteration for me, but I like that they hit a bit lower on the ankle. I grew up in the era when a pants hem that didn't touch the ground was a fashion faux pas.


Well, off to look at more patterns that need to be made from linen. I really want that Willow color now.

My pattern review is on PatternReview.com here.


No comments:

Post a Comment