Monday, April 25, 2022

Burdastyle Oversized Linen Shirt

Summer should be here any day now, so I sewed up a breezy linen shirt from the April, 2022 issue of Burdastyle. This is top #118. It's an oversized button-up with a forward yoke.


Here's the line drawing of the front:



And the back:

And here's me posing to show that it sews up pretty much just like you'd expect.

I used a mid-weight linen from the FabricsStore in a color they call Willow. They describe it thusly:

"Pale, hazy tones of dawn swept across Paul Nash's dreamy scenes, suggesting a place where all is hushed and still. The warm, pastel green of WILLOW linen was one of his recurring colors, invoking the cold light of frost-bitten grass, whispery strands of freezing fog or dreamy forms that seem to fade into distant, heavenly skies."


I was expecting it to be a bit more yellow. I can't wear oranges or yellows at all, but sometimes I can get away with a yellow-green. This color is a bit more on the minty side. I was a tad disappointed when I first opened the package, but now that I see it in shirt form I like it just fine. It was easy to work with and I bet it will be comfortable to wear once the weather hots up.

I have two more pieces of linen awaiting me in the fabric closet upstairs. I'm thinking pants #111 from this issue of Burdastyle for the Chocolate and a remake of a Burdastyle jacket pattern from back in 2013 in the Black. Though, as the owner of a Great Pyrenees I have no business wearing a black jacket.

My pattern review is on PatternReview.com here

No comments:

Post a Comment