Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Eleonore Jeans, Take Two

I made my first pair of Eleonore jeans in February. I've worn those pants quite a lot. They're so easy to hop into, and they have such a high comfort factor. Bike riding, hiking, mopping floors, gardening or slouching in the recliner; they hit the sweet spot. Their only real downside is that the stretch twill suiting I used is a total dog hair magnet. The Great Pyrenees fuzz literally flies up off the carpet to cling to them.

Worn here with a Kirsten kimono tee and a Honey cowl
So I hauled out my precious piece of stretch denim and pumped out Eleonore #2. And I like them even more than Eleonore #1.

Back view, with hand in functional pocket
This fabric is a tad heavier and snappier than the previous pair, and the surface is much less attractive to fluff and fuzz.
Side view
This time I left off the faux front pockets. Sewing those two opposing curves together was a little more trouble than I was willing to go to for non-functional pockets. I did keep the faux front fly, though. It's so easy to do that little bit of topstitching, and it makes it clear that these are Jeans, dag nab it, not yoga pants. Even though you could totally do yoga while wearing them.


My friend, Lucy, made some Elonores with some stretch denim from Emmaonesock that she says is the bomb. I just ordered a whack of the mocha color, because I need me another pair of these pants.

My pattern review is on PatternReview.com here.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect jeans! Hope you enjoy wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, they look beautiful and comfy... and how hard are they to sew??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Especially if you leave off those faux front pockets; they're the only fiddly bit.

      Delete